Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline24/12/2021 – 10/01/2021
The Right to Protection (R2P), an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection, launches the Advocacy and Legal Protection Programme funded by UNHCR.
The Programme is aimed to provide protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees from around the world. The Programme also contributes to building a humane asylum system in Ukraine by training local judges, immigration and law-enforcement officials, and law students, and by developing legislative proposals and administrative regulations.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
The Social/Community Worker as a member of the R2P Team will report to the Project Manager and work in close cooperation with other Lawyers and Advocates.
- Consultations of asylum seekers and refugees on social rights in Ukraine (registration of the birth of a child, receiving a baby’s pack, accessing state assistance for large families, for single mothers, persons caring for a sick child, obtaining a birth certificate, registration of the place of residence, obtaining a certificate of parents and children from large families).
- Conducting social assessments of the cases for the purposes of monthly subsistence allowance committee meetings (MSA) and presenting the cases during the meeting.
- Providing assistance in accessing basic health care by counselling on medical issues and interacting with state medical institutions (counselling on signing a declaration with a family doctor, access to routine vaccinations for children, access to vaccination against Covid-19).
- Providing assistance to unaccompanied children for settling them in the special accommodation centers.
- Referring clients for individual psychological counselling upon request (with the involvement of a specialist – a psychologist).
- Ensuring access to education in the region by counselling on enrolment in kindergarten and school, obtaining a certificate of education.
- Monitoring access of refugee and asylum-seeker children and youth to secondary, vocational and higher education.
- Counselling on possibilities to start and develop private businesses (including registration as an individual entrepreneur, registration as unemployed, obtaining a tax number), attend courses and training, and vocational trainings and grants through the UNHCR livelihoods program.
- Establishing cooperation with the local state authorities in the sphere of community building.
- Organizing and conducting community development events.
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled.
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information.
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
- Implementation of the instructions of the Project Manager.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures.
Required qualifications and skillsRequired qualifications and skills
- Higher education in social science;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in implementing social programs;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to team work;
- Fulfil all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism;
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract from February 1, 2022 till December 31, 2022. Renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to [email protected]. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close dateApplications close date
10 January 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.