Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline11/03/2021 – 25/03/2021
Work placeWork placeSlovyansk
General informationGeneral information
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance, and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
In 2020 R2P implemented the peacebuilding project which drew together experts working in the field of mining and ecology. Over the course of ten dialogue sessions, the group shared their expertise, identified environmental issues in the Donbas region that affected both sides of the conflict, and drafted a Resolution for the mitigation of ecological risks in the now devastated region.
In 2021 R2P is going to extend the cross contact line expert dialogue on ecological and resource restoration of the Donbas territory affected by Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The Small Projects Coordinator will report to the Project Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the implementation of advocacy events at the local level of the project;
- Liaise with the authorities at the local levels;
- Assistance in organization of meetings with the main actors at the local level and represent R2P at the relevant advocacy meetings;
- Assistance in organization of regional advocacy events;
- Collaborate with R2P PI department and Finance-Admin department;
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with donors’ guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project manager;
- Assistance in organization and coordination of small projects in eco-journalism;
- Administrate the call, documents, and selection procedure for the small projects in eco-journalism;
- Estimate the budget of the small projects in eco-journalism;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to the code of conduct.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree in law, social work, social science, management, development studies, or other relevant areas;
- Minimum two years of experience in international donor projects dealing with peacebuilding, humanitarian aid, sustainable development, policy analysis, law, and/ or other relevant areas.
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and in English;
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till October 31, 2021, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the title ‘Small Projects Coordinator’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
25 March 2021. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.