Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline25/5/2021 – 31/5/2021
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTIONGEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
Tokmak, Melitopol, Berdiansk, Mangush, Primorsk, the city of Mariupol. The Project Manager bases in any of the mentioned locations.
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of internally displaced persons (IDPs), providing legal assistance, and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
Azov is a vast region in southeastern Ukraine covering the South Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts, with an extensive coastline facing out to the Sea of Azov. Today the region faces many difficulties. The economic relations have been significantly affected by military conflict, and face an ongoing recovery from its most widespread impacts, which are: loss of regional and international markets, damage to the transportation sector (including the sea port of Mariupol), ruined infrastructure, and disruption of professional networks and supply chains. At the same time the region is facing high unemployment rates due to increased risk of national and international labor migration, aging, and depopulation trends.
The purpose of this project is to increase economic inclusion of vulnerable population in Tokmak, Melitopol, Berdiansk, Mangush, Primorsk, and the city of Mariupol. Within the project, R2P aims to boost income-generating activities by training and simplifying access to employment for vulnerable persons, including but not limited to IDPs, single/multi-child parents, persons with disabilities, over-50s, and women. This programme targets beneficiaries in situations of hardship planning their career, as well as those who wish to be employed/become self-employed rather than develop their own businesses.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVESPOSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The Project Manager will have an overall responsibility over the implementation of the project.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director and in close cooperation with other R2P relevant projects, the Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting for the Project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, manage and carry out the day to day implementation of the project by contributing to the effective and timely design, planning, monitoring and evaluation process.
- Assistance in organization of online trainings, individual and group consultations, local informational events, coordination events.
- Ensure regular and effective communication between the project staff members and the other R2P projects as well as the functional teams.
- Facilitate the creation and regular updates to the project implementation tools in collaboration with the project team, including the regular review of project-level achievements.
- Ensure all project related activities comply with the project donor’s and organization’s policies and regulations.
- Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions.
Budgeting and finance management
- Manage the project’s budget and oversee related procurement in compliance with the donor and R2P guidelines, with support from the Finance and Administration Union.
Coordination and Representation
- Represent the project at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project partners.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports for R2P and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to procurement, accountability to affected populations, and the code of conduct.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social work, social science, finance & economy, management, development studies, etc.;
- Minimum one year of experience of projects dealing with livelihoods activities/ sustainable development and/ or other relevant area.
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till February 24, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Mentorship from R2P and HIAS colleagues;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
APPLICATION PROCESSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Send a resume to [email protected] with the title ‘Project Manager’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.