Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline28/07/2020 – 10/08/2020
Work placeWork placeKyiv
The project will be implemented by the Right to Protection (R2P). R2P, an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation, assists refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, internally displaced persons and conflict affected population in Ukraine.
The project’s major objective is to ensure that stateless population in Ukraine exercise their human rights. To achieve that R2P will 1) provide legal aid and counseling in the Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Luhansk (GCA) regions, 2) build capacity of legal aid providers, government and communities on statelessness prevention and reduction; and 3) develop a comprehensive analysis of the legal framework regarding stateless in Ukraine and advocate for the improvement of government policy, legislation and existing administrative procedures towards stateless population.
Position’s Overall ObjectivePosition’s Overall Objective
The Lawyer will provide primary and secondary legal aid to stateless to ensure that their rights are observed.
The Lawyer will report to the Project Manager and is expected to spend approximately 60% of his/her time in Kyiv and the remaining traveling in the Kyiv Region.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct legal consulting to the beneficiaries in the project office and in outreach mode;
- Prepare necessary legal documents to be lodged with the state authorities and embassies;
- Prepare documents for courts of various instances;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection and the code of conduct.
Required qualifications and skillsRequired qualifications and skills
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Fulfill all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2020;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to [email protected] with the title ‘Lawyer_Statelessness’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
10 August 2020. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.